Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Morning So Far

In case you wondered, here's a typical morning in the Zaman bungalow.

5:48 a.m. - Dogs wake me up to go pee two minutes before my alarm goes off.
6:01 a.m. - Wash dishes so that I have something to take my lunch in. Let dogs back in.
6:16 a.m. - Put load of laundry in the washer because I have no pants to wear. Realize that it won't be done in time, find pants at back of closet that are really too thin to wear on a cold April day in Wisconsin.
6:30 a.m. - Finish showering, hear Isaac calling from the bed - he's crying.
6:35 a.m. - Done dressing - run out and see what happened because Isaac has worked himself up into an anxiety attack.
6:45 a.m. - Manage to discern that Isaac thinks he is going to be late for school. Calm him down by saying that I will accompany him to get a tardy slip and take all the blame for the tardiness.
7:01 a.m. - Pack two lunches, make two breakfasts, cajole Isaac into brushing his teeth and getting dressed.
7:15 a.m. - Dad says we're getting a snowstorm tonight. I have a late meeting. Might as well stay in Madison. Now I have to pack. Damn I have no pants.
7:35 a.m. - Hair is still wet, where are my socks? Is Isaac ready for school? Where is his backpack?
7:45 a.m. - OK, everything is packed: Lunches, Overnight bag, backpacks, purse, keys, money, cell phone.
7:52 a.m. - Isaac is definitely late now. Let's get in the car.
8:01 a.m. - request tardy slip from the office. Walk Isaac into class. He has really bad hat hair. Do first graders care?
8:10 a.m. - In the car, on the way to class. Sleepy. Drink coffee.
9:14 a.m. - Park in absent friend's garage. Now I have to walk to school, but I have to pee.
9:24 a.m. - stop in Union South to pee. I'm sweating because I wore a sweater AND a heavy jacket in anticipation of the snowstorm.
10:07 a.m. - arrive at memorial library computer lab. Think about doing some homework. Check email and write stupid blog instead.
10:23 a.m. - Post to blog. Run outside to catch #80 bus to go to stats class. Maybe I'll get my test back today. I might be sad later.

No comments: