Thursday, April 12, 2007

I've never had to work so hard to be mediocre.

Click to enlarge.

I got my stats exam back yesterday. To my relief, I got a B. It was a high B. One more point and it would have been an A/B, but why split hairs, I'm just glad it's not a C. I guess I'll have to settle for a B, because that's all my puny brain can manage.


This is the page that sealed my fate, the loathesome Bernoulli variables. Most everybody got this wrong, I think, because this page basically tests skills at algebra and memorization of useless facts. Since I am in a STATISTICS class because I want to learn how to analyze DATA, I didn't focus on MEMORIZING USELESS ALGEBRAIC DERIVATIONS, especially since in the TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY we have these things called COMPUTERS which actually do the math FOR US. Yes, I am shouting.

For the record, if I had gotten these correct, I would have bumped up into the A category on the curve.

1 comment:

Miss Non-Sequitur said...

I would have given you an A and a High FIVE! ;)