Thursday, September 01, 2005

Books I'm Currently Reading

One of the perks of being jobless is that I have time to read. Since tomorrow is Isaac's first day of school, I am anticipating glorious minutes of uninterruped reading time. Here are some of the several books I have dog-eared at the moment.

1. Bananas, Beaches and Bases: Making Feminist Sense of International Politics by Cynthia Enloe (Because I know nothing about international politics or feminism)
2. Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich (because she's my new favorite author)
3. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood (because I got the book for 25 cents at a garage sale and think I should read at least one Margaret Atwood book)
4. Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior by David Hawkins (because it's good stuff, Meynard)
5. Sex-workers in Bangladesh: Livelihood at what price? by Qurratul-Ain-Tahmina and Shishir Moral (Because I need to work my way through the pile of books I brought home from Bangladesh, one by one)

There you have it, a book for any mood...

My mother-in-law thinks it's weird that I take books into the bathtub with me. It's something I've done and loved as long as I can remember. My mom and dad remember it, too, cause they were always knocking on the door telling me to get out of the tub.

No comments: