Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Damn the Wilderness!!!

Having time off from school is so great – all companies should give at least a month’s vacation so that employees can sloth the days away and return to work with a renewed desire to…not be slothful. But here in the wilderness, where my internet is STILL not working, I am slowly beginning to go mad.

My satellite internet was installed on December 15, and it worked for approximately one week before the lights on my new modem fizzled to a pathetic flicker. The repair man came and tried to fix it but determined that either the dish or the modem is defective. Of course he had installed the very last dish that he had in stock two days previous, and another one won’t be available until the end of this week. So here I sit, typing this post on my laptop in my kitchen, and I’ll have to save it and post it whenever I finally get up the courage to brave the 3 degree weather to go to a hot spot and upload.

Technology blues aside, I have had a wonderful break. My closet and dressers got cleaned out and organized, my fellowship applications got written (almost), and Isaac remembers what it’s like to have a mom. I’ve even managed to host a small dinner party (pictures forthcoming). I still have three glorious days off this week before I plunge into the next semester.

Right now I’m trying to decide whether I should take a shower or work on my to-do list. I love this dilemma.

No comments: