Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bleh.

No, my internet connection is STILL NOT FIXED. I am sitting in the cafeteria of the local high school because they have wi-fi here. I just finished serving dinner for the Montello Community Dinner Theater, and I have some au jus dribbling down the front of my shirt, but I thought I'd check my email anyway.

For some reason, I can't seem to get my attitude right about starting the new semester. While I'm looking forward to my new classes, other less pleasant aspects of the impending semester are not sitting well. I dread the four hours of commuting, and the fact that I have to get into my cold car, and then into a cold van and then walk a cold walk before I get to my office at 7 a.m. - oh Lord. I am trying to have a more healthy approach to grades but I know that anything less than an A is not going to satisfy me. And I'm resolving not to procrastinate this semester - but I do that every semester.

As a matter of fact, that's what I'm doing right now!

But I'm sure once I "get into my routine", things will be easier. I hope.

Now I need your opinion. I have FOUR friends who at any moment will be squeezing out a baby. Actually one of them already gave birth a few weeks ago. I want to buy them something fun, and I'm thinking of this t-shirt I found on state street that says, "I might barf." (it's for the baby to wear.) Now, I find that hilarious, but the question is, do other people?? I've learned that not everyone enjoys laughing about bodily fluids the way I do. Opinions?

1 comment:

Miss Non-Sequitur said...

Dude, when I have a baby, I would EXPECT a shirt like that! Ha Ha.