Thursday, May 11, 2006

The News

I can finally spill the beans. Some of you know about this already, but for those of you who are not in the "inner circle", here it goes:

1) Back in March, I was accepted to the Development Studies Ph.D. program at UW-Madison. I have officially decided that I will start in the fall. I will be majoring in Sociology, minoring in Economics, with a tertiary specialization in Women's Studies. My research proposal was on women working in IT (information technology) in Bangladesh. (are you snoring yet?) Watch out academia! Here I come!

2) Today, I told my boss that I will be leaving my position in August in order to go to school. (This was why I didn't post anything before - I didn't want people finding out via blogspot.)

3) I'm going to Bangladesh in July for three weeks! I'm so excited - my brother-in-law Mithu is FINALLY going to celebrate his marriage. He got married in 2002 but until now he has not been able to leave the country. He got his greencard a few weeks ago, so we are all going to the Desh with him and his wife to celebrate! I'll also be doing some work with the Nari Jibon clan as well.

4) Masud got a new job. It's a GREAT job at a GREAT company - a position that he's been dreaming about for years. There is a big bummer, though. The company is in Canton, Ohio. He'll be leaving the day after Memorial Day, and I suppose we'll see him once a month or so. Sigh.

So there you have it. I may not post often, but I make up for lack of quantity with quality, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heart you.