Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Ode to Kanta

For the past month or so, I've been brushing up on my math skills in the hopes that I can get a semi-respectable score on the GRE. My studying buddy, Ishrat a.k.a Kanta, has made it both fun and rewarding. I don't think there is anybody else in the world who would put up with me talking about bodily functions while working out solid geometry math problems. She's got some mean math skills, so whenever I'm stuck, she patiently explains the logic behind each solution. Then she tries to make me feel better by saying how hard the problem was. What a great friend!
We decided that trying to take the test before I leave would be unreasonable, so she is going to take it here and I'm going to take it in Bangladesh. I wish we could have gone together, because I have the feeling that I'll be in serious need of some comic relief on testing day, but at least we've come this far together.
So here's to you, girl! I'll think of you whenever I need to find the volume of the space around three spheres within a cylinder!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Katie. I didn't know how to sign in or what my password is because well did i ever have one for this? Anyway, i bet you can guess who this is:)

Anonymous said...

Good job, Katie. I didn't know how to sign in or what my password is because well did i ever have one for this? Anyway, i bet you can guess who this is:)