Monday, August 30, 2004

Interesting Tidbit

I just found this on the Council of Islamic-American Relations (CAIR) listserv I subscribe to. I wonder what those silly Republicans are up to, showing off their tolerance and open-minded-ness! (I know, that's not very tolerant and open-minded of me towards Republicans, but I admit it, I'm a political bigot.)

NY IMAM TO GIVE INVOCATION AT GOP CONVENTION
On Monday, August 30, Imam Izak-El Mu'eed Pasha, the Muslim chaplain of the New York City Police Department will give an invocation at the Republican Party convention. Pasha is the Imam, or spiritual leader, of Harlem's Malcolm Shabazz Masjid. In June 1999, New York Mayor Giulianni appointed Pasha as the city's first Muslim police chaplain.The convention is scheduled to start at 7:45 p.m. Pasha's invocation is the fifth item in the order of business.

No comments: