Saturday, December 01, 2007

Productivity is good.

There is a huge ice storm raging outside. My friend Hob picked me up this morning with all my books, electronics and other miscellaneous paraphernalia, and I spent the day with him at DomNem's house. I study here because if I'm at home, I will inevitably crawl into my soft bed and sleep. There is just enough activity at DomNem's house to keep me alert.

Here's what I accomplished today:

  1. Read 4 articles on immigration theory.
  2. Skimmed a book I read last semester that was assigned for another class.
  3. Took notes on all readings for use in my upcoming papers.
  4. Downloaded some journal articles for papers.
That's not too shabby. I think I'll be able to spend a guilt free night at the Overture Center watching RENT. We bought the tickets a long time back, fully aware that this would be a difficult time in the semester to engage in leisure activities, but I'm glad we did it. It should be great, despite the ice storm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! I LOVE RENT!! Have fun! (BTW, you need to take some leisure time for yourself now and then-- so no guilty feelings-- if you didn't, you'd go crazy!)

Unknown said...

Ok I just read your last three entries... I didn't realize I was that behind. Anyhow, if your knee is really truly green, you need to clean that puppy out-- its infected BADLY. Get some hydrogen peroxide and neosporin. If that doesn't work, go do the DR!!! I think if you're buying Isaac Guitar Hero, you can wait on buying him a guitar until his b-day. He can learn rhythms etc from Guitar Hero so it is sort of educational-- Even though it doesn't have notes, its really good to help with sight reading skills for the future. :) Besides, if he's got guitar hero, chances are he'll ignore the actual guitar for awhile anyhow until the excitement of the game wears off.
Btw, your Christmas Tree is super cute. :) Ok, see you soon. Love you!