Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I miss my boy!!

I sent Isaac off to his grandma's house today so that I can concentrate on finishing my thesis. It was a good plan - he needs to visit his grandma before we leave for eight months - and I need to work - but I can't stop thinking about him!! I'm too much of a smother-mother and I'm having withdrawal.

Speaking of my thesis, I got my data last night, and it went pretty well. I'm done transcribing everything, and now I'm trying to put it into a coherent narrative. It's not as easy as I thought it would be...Not to mention that I'm at home and I keep getting up for a drink, for a jolly rancher, for a walk, for the bathroom, for a blog...it's that procrastination problem I have. But hopefully I'll be able to buckle down and get it done in time!

I'm considering becoming a jogger. Today on my walk, I decided to run about half of the way. All was well until I almost passed out. I really thought I was in pretty good shape - all that excercising I've been doing has paid off, but I guess I'm no Marion Jones yet. It's like my body does not obey my brain - I was telling it to breathe and move my feet but it just locked up. I don't even think what I was doing was jogging - it was more like hoppish walking.

Well, time to get back to "data analysis". Oh fun.

No comments: