Friday, June 25, 2004

Another day, another blog

I'm at one of those points where I have a lot to do in the coming days, but at the moment I have nothing to work on. I'm all ready to collect my research data on Tuesday, and I've updated my first three chapters of my thesis, so that all I have left to do is write chs. 4 and 5. Of course, I can't write them until I have the data. Hurry up and wait syndrome, I guess. So I'm sitting in the library, checking my email, checking eBay, randomly surfing around, and then I remembered my blogs!

Ahhh, Minnesota. The weather is so weird, last night it dropped down to the 40's, and now it's a gorgeous sunny day. I would be sitting outside if it wasn't for the gusting winds. I think Mankato is in a wind tunnel. It's so windy sometimes that Isaac almost gets swept away. He's so darn light, like a bird.

I read somewhere that children under 35 lbs. are not supposed to take the malaria preventing Mefloquine which we are required to take in Bangladesh. I wonder how that will work out. I'm hoping I can fatten him up enough so that he can take it. Right now he weighs 33.4 lbs. so I need to add another 1.6 lbs. in order for him to be safe. It took me a whole year to get him to gain 3.4 lbs. I hope that it won't affect the medical clearance decision! I can't live without him for eight months!

Last night Masud and Isaac were fighting, and it got a little rough, and Isaac "accidentally" scraped some skin off of Masud's arm. You would have thought Masud was bleeding to death, the way he started howling. Isaac ran right into the bathroom and got his first aid kit - blue antiseptic and Spiderman bandaids. Masud got some superior medical treatment, and I'm happy to say that he's recovering from his wound. Maybe Isaac will be a doctor someday. Hey, I can hope, can't I? He's finally starting to become interested in letters and words, so that's good progress towards getting him into medical school!

From now on, I decided that I'm going to carry my digital camera around and take pictures of everyone I know, so that I can remember them while I'm gone. Cheesy, I know, but I'm such a sap. I'm not so afraid of being homesick any more, mostly because I'm starting to realize how busy I'll be and how interesting the whole experience will be. Those 8 months will be up before I know it!

No comments: