Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Getting my feet wet...

So I've been thinking about doing this for a while, but have never had the courage. It's a little scary - I'm afraid that I'll let slip some deep, private thought, and then direct all my friends and family to read it. But it will probably come in handy while I'm overseas...it will be an easy way to keep everyone updated on my life without doing those weird mass-email things. I guess I better get used to it.

Right now I'm not even thinking about going to Bangladesh. Well, that's a lie, it's always floating around somewhere in my head, but it's in the background. I'm concentrating 100% on finishing my Thesis (with a capital "T"). I never would have guessed that it would be such an uphill battle to collect some data! I've been trying since JANUARY, and here it is, almost July, with my deadline screaming down my neck. I've finally found a helpful person who is willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen. I'm actually learning a great lesson in flexibility and rolling with the punches, something which I'm told is very useful in the real world, and one of those traits that I lack.

I've been going to school every day, and Isaac bravely goes to daycare so that I can study. He realizes that he's helping me by going to school. Since he started going full time, he's been surprisingly happy there. Maybe the routine is good for him, I'm not sure. But it makes it easier for me just knowing that he's having a good time.

My weight loss struggle continues, this month my "Curves printout" said that I lost a whopping 3 lbs. of body fat. That is more than I lost in the last 4 months combined! If only I could lose the "Devil's Snare" that's wrapped around my waist. Ahhhh, dreams.

I'm being instructed to do something useful. Apparently blogging is not useful. More next time...

No comments: