Sunday, November 11, 2007

Modest Mouse and Man Man


I heart these women: Charity, moi, Heather and Gina.

I have decided that "attending live entertainment events" is one of my favorite things, and I hereby resolve to do it more often, despite the fact that it's expensive and time consuming. I had so much fun last night at the Modest Mouse concert at the Orpheum. Check out the smile on my mug.

Modest Mouse is not my favorite band, but it's part of the genre that I enjoy. The real treat for me was watching one of the opening acts called Man Man. This band was great. There were six (I think) members, and each of them had their own instrument as well as supplementary percussion items. The drummer was a total spaz and I had a crush on him by the end of the first number. He sat right in front across from the lead singer, and they actually synchronized their movements. The lead singer beat the crap out of his keyboard that he often played with one hand while hitting a snare drum with his other hand. They used goose calls, pots and pans, Tibetan prayer bowls, water bottles, tin boxes, and a ton of other weird stuff for their percussion. AND there was a dude playing the xylophone. Nothing cooler than the xylophone. Except maybe the banjo, which features prominently in much of Modest Mouse's music.

Today I'm tired, a little deaf, and my neck and shoulders hurt from all the head bobbing, but it was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

idadele said...

que bonitas!! besos...