Saturday, January 07, 2006

Torrid

Today I was in my new favorite store, Torrid, which is one of the few fatty stores I've been in that has tolerable fashions. As I was checking out, I mentioned to the clerk that I love the definition of the word torrid. She said, "It means hot." And I said, "No, I believe it means intense emotion." She replied, "I looked it up in the Webster's dictionary. It means HOT." Well, Google and I beg to differ.

Web definitions for torrid
ardent: characterized by intense emotion; "ardent love"; "an ardent lover"; "a burning enthusiasm"; "a fervent desire to change society"; "a fervent admirer"; "fiery oratory"; "an impassioned appeal"; "a torrid love affair"

I am vindicated through this cyber-version of "I told you so."

So there.

2 comments:

Sadiq said...

:)

love and blessings.

http://mysticsaint.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So Pat Robertson causes you to have torrid feelings, right? Me too! On a lighter note, can you hear Paris Hilton saying "That's torrid"? Just wouldn't be the same, would it?:-)