Friday, July 22, 2005

July is hot.

I am surfacing from my Harry Potter induced fog. The only free time I have to read is after everyone else is asleep, so I have been staying up reading, and finally finished book number six two nights ago. Then I needed a day to mourn the awful ending. Poor Harry, I wonder if he'll ever defeat Lord Voldemort and live in peace. I know these are kids books, but I wish all books were that enjoyable to read.

In other news, I still don't have a job. I am looking, though. There are some nice ones available but they would require a two hour commute. I'm not quite that desperate yet.

Our landlords are residing the house, and we're getting some insulation. That should help with the exorbitant gas bills in the winter, and the house will look really good once it's sided. I love the place, but it is kindof falling apart. If I had money I'd fix it up, just because it deserves it. I might try to get the kitchen floor fixed this fall. It's gross.

Today I'm going to tackle the upstairs "storage" room that I've been throwing random crap into since I got home. It's a nightmare. I better get started before it gets too hot upstairs to work. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rumor has it that you showed up on the MSU-M campus the other day with a new job-hunting "LOOK" that is to die for!!! I wanna see! Can you post a photo of the new 'do'? Debi couldn't quit raving about how great you looked.

The Hard-working Slacker said...

Hi,

Just linked through from Tanya's blog and thought I'd drop a few lines as your blog of your experiences in the 'Desh' seem interesting. I don't know why but they just do.

Oh btw, feel free to drop by my blog and tell me what ya think.

laterz,

emran ;)