Monday, July 25, 2005

How about a list to keep things tidy?

I am feeling particularily good today because I was really PRODUCTIVE. Here is my list.

1) Got up at 6:30 a.m. to make breakfast for Masud. Tried to make "Jilapi", my favorite Bangladeshi sweet, but it was a dismal failure. Masud and I both had diarrhea after eating two pieces each.

2) Decided to vacuum. This entailed picking up all the junk that was on the floor and finding a place for it, moving furniture, and organizing. Only then was the floor accessible.

3) Before I vacuumed, I dusted, and then wiped everything down with an all-purpose cleaner, because the dust didn't come off with a dry rag. Ewww.

4) After vacuuming, I realized I needed to mop, too. Then I figured I might as well clean the toilets and sinks, too.

5) Made lunch and supper - Bengali food. It's been almost two months and I'm finally hungry for it again!

6) Did some online job searching, filled out a State of Minnesota job application, and cut out some classified ads that I will apply to this week.

7) Made up a "menu plan" for this week, and did the corresponding grocery list.

8) Kicked back, relaxed, and enjoyed two episodes from season 3 of "Sex and the City" - completely guilt-free because I worked my butt off all day and I deserved it!

9) To finish off my day, I am looking at potential graduate schools online.

Whew! That was a lot of work! No wonder my pits smell.

No comments: