Tuesday, February 08, 2005

So many epiphanies, so little time.

So we made a quick trip to Bangladesh's Liberation War Museum today. My friend Tanya (http://www.cybertanya.blogspot.com) had recommended it last week, so I thought it would be a good idea to take Masud while he was here. I was warned in advance not to take Isaac due to excessive goriness, and it was good advice. I was very impressed, though, by the collection of artifacts and the way they used music to enhance the somewhat haphazard visual display. The songs they were playing over the stereo were liberation war era patriotic songs - saying things like "we fight to save a dying flower". I overheard Masud talking to another spectator about how he got goose bumps...and they were both looking at a picture of a 5 year old boy who was standing next to a bomb, and Masud said, "I was about that age when the war started, I remember it." It was quite an emotional experience for both of us. I want to go again when I have more time - and more money. I want to buy out the gift shop.

After we left the museum, I lost my cell phone in a cab. Although I'm really upset because it's going to cost quite a bit to replace it, I'm kind of glad, because that cell phone was so old and ugly that it was a little embarrassing. Plus, all the numbers had been rubbed off, so text messaging was a pain in the ass.

In other news, I think I have some awful disease. I have not been "well" for two weeks - both my digestive system and respiratory system are out of whack, and I have an awful headache. Being sick for a long time SUCKS! I'm probably dying, so send me your last respects.

No comments: