Saturday, February 12, 2005

Madman Across the Water

Yes, my madman is across the water. Sigh. I wonder if it would have been easier if he had not come to visit in the first place – then missing him wouldn’t be so hard. But, no, it was a good visit. We all got to reconnect a little bit, and dream about the day in June when we’ll be together as a family again. Isaac has been sleeping with one of his Baba’s t-shirts that got left behind. He keeps making plans for “when we go to America.” Absence really really does make the heart grow fonder.

I, on the other hand, have been really busy. I’m almost thankful for the upcoming two-day continuous hartal (strike) that will keep me locked in the house, once again. I plan to read a new book that I found yesterday – a real page-turner – called “Getting Health Reform Right”. Yeah, I’m a nerd.
Today is our last pre-strike freedom day, so we’re going to run some errands. That is, if anybody else wakes up. Isaac is snoring like an 80 year old man. It’s getting hot already. So much for “winter”. Yesterday it was about 80 degrees and extremely sunny. The kind of sun that makes you want to wear a burqa to hide your skin. My pasty whiteness reflects the rays like a mirror – I’m surprised I didn’t get burned yesterday. Don’t worry mom, I’m digging out the sunscreen.

No comments: