Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Technology strike.

I'm mourning the death of my laptop, and so I have not had the heart to log on for the past few days. Instead I am reacquainting myself with the pen and paper. Ahh, my handwriting has suffered from lack of practice. My niece has a nice computer where I can check my email and print out stuff, so that's a saving grace.

It was really hot again today, and fasting was a little rough. Actually I slept until 11:00, but it was really hard to wait for Iftar tonight. Somehow food tastes so much better when you're starving though, and I was so thankful for that first glass of water. Fasting is a good experience, especially for this food addicted person.

Durga Puja started today, and I've made a deal with a new friend of mine that we'll be going to see all the festivities this thursday and friday. I can't wait! Comilla has a really high Hindu population, so I'll get a taste of a real Puju in this little town. I like this town though. It reminds me of Montello somehow. I know that's weird, and I can't explain it. Maybe it's the restaurant called "Yum Yum" that reminds me of "Yahooz". I'm not sure.

Well, time to get off the line. More soon.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Yum-Yum with you! Waaa.