Saturday, October 23, 2004

A little puja, a little "purge-a".

Ok, that title was very corny, but I'm trying to be witty here. This week was Durga Puja, the biggest Hindu festival. Comilla has a high Hindu population, so I was so excited to go and see all the festivities. But, alas, three days ago I ate some questionable pizza and gave myself a wonderful case of food poisoning. I have been bed ridden and unable to go and see the sights. Last night I did manage to walk a block away from my apartment and see a few of the stages that were set up. The settings were gorgeous, and they had music and dancing and food offerings for the goddess Durga, but my mind was on my digestive system the whole time. Sadly, I don't think I'll get another chance to see anything like this in the near future.

In other news, two of my Bhabi's and one of my nieces came to see me yesterday. They could only stay for one day, which was sad, but it was very nice to have new people in the house. I've been working a lot lately, so it was nice to have a day off to relax with them (and recover from the food poisoning!)

More soon!


No comments: