Sunday, October 03, 2004

Out of Office Reply

I'm planning on going to Dhaka tomorrow, so this will be my last blog for a few days. I'm sure lots of interesting things will happen to me while I'm there, so I'll keep an archive blog again that I can post once I get back to my internet connection.

Today it was REALLY FREAKING HOT. I mean, I sweated so much that I only peed once. Seriously. Then the electricity went out and I was left fanless and wilting. I have a thermometer magnet on my refrigerator (thanks to Tina), and it reads 90 degrees. And the refrigerator isn't all that great, so lots of the cool air leaks through the door, so that's actually a poor measure of how hot it really is. Yeah, 90 degrees INSIDE. Not to mention the humidity. All this heat has left me crabby and I've become an abusive parent. Poor Isaac.

Actually, besides the heat, it was a good day today. He's starting to warm up to all these Bangla-speaking people that we live with. Today he actually ventured out in a rickshaw with Chitai (Maya) and bought a "Virgin Red Cola". It was his second trip without me. Brave little dude, that one.

So my sister just emailed me that she is learning how to play the tuba. Of all the instruments a person could choose, i think the TUBA is definitely the coolest. She just rocks. I wish I was that cool.

I'm going to go dunk my head in a bucket of water now. So long for now...


No comments: