Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Looz Moshun (Bangla for Diarrhea)

Or "The Awesome Weekend that Wasn't"

OK, so it wasn't a complete wash. I enjoyed watching my dad (and my friends) act in the Montello Community Theater (now known as Standing Room Only Players) production of Lend Me A Tenor. But there was a lot of barfin' and poopin' and feverin' and now there's snottin' and coughin'. I'm hoping this is the only sickness we have to get for the semester. Seriously, yuk.

PLUS, I rear-ended somebody yesterday because of the icy roads and my anti-lock brakes.

PLUS, classes started today and I wasn't ready yet.

Whine whine whine.

6 comments:

Hob Gadling said...

How do you rear end someone because of anti-lock brakes???

Katie said...

BECAUSE I'm used to PUMPING MY BRAKES and don't know how to control the anti-lock ones. :-(

Duh.

Hob Gadling said...

Ah! With anti-locks you do the exact opposite. You push down as hard as you can. They do the pumping for you!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better!

Lori

Katie said...

Look, Hob, how nice my friend Lori is? We're just casual acquaintances (we met in an airport once!)

I learned to drive on a car w/o antilock brakes so my instinct is to pump them. Incidentally, the same thing happened yesterday (without the rear-ending part) and I kept the brake down and I still slid. So I guess I don't get it.

carly said...

Hey, look on the (very) bright side: No stats! Wheeee!