Friday, August 24, 2007

Non Sequitur Post

1. I forgot to tell you the awesome news about our trip to Ohio. Masud ended up needing to go to St. Louis for a business trip and his boss agreed to let him come up and work from here. Originally, he planned to stay until Labor Day but then he found out that he needed to make another trip to a plant in WI on Sept. 6, so he gets to stay ANOTHER ADDITIONAL week!! It's almost gonna be like we're a real family again! And it's a good thing, too, since we won't see him again until Thanksgiving.

2. Whoever designed Transformers does not have children. Isaac loves them. I hate them. No matter how many times I follow the instructions to transform them, I can't remember the next time and have to meticulously follow the diagrams to change them from robot to car back to robot. Hours and hours have been wasted, my friends. He has this evil one that goes from scary alien-like robot to boombox, and it makes me sweat every time I have to change it. If you push too hard the stupid appendages fall off.

3. It's time for me to buy a new pair of Chucks.

4. There is some nasty sh*t going down in the Desh. Rezwan has been following the events and reporting where mainstream media has been shut down. The mobile network has been shut down by the government, the submarine internet cables cut, and a curfew ordered in response to student riots against the caretaker government. Just what they needed in addition to the horrible flooding!

5. Here is why I am having trouble letting Isaac sleep in his own bed...bedtime goofiness:






6. Back to school season is upon us. Yesterday Isaac and I went to his new school to register and find his classroom. Not to insult my alma matter (which Isaac was attending last year), but this school is going to be a huge improvement. They have over 60 countries represented by students, they host an international festival where students can wear clothes from their country and give presentations about their heritage, the classrooms are huge even though the teacher/student ratio is low, there is a climbing wall in the gym, and the school is within easy walking distance from our apartment. Isaac is stoked, and so am I!

7. New music: Feist, the Beta Band, and the new Smashing Pumpkins album. It's not bad even though James and D'Arcy are missing.

8. Just finished reading Promethea. Book 5 was super-deep, about the end of the world, which will actually just be enlightenment for all. Read it and be enlightened.

9 comments:

Wendell said...

La la la, who's going to the Pumpkins show in Mlps?!!!

Luv the candids! You and Isaac have the same pouty face!

Anonymous said...

YOU TWO ARE SO FECKIN' CUTE.

The Pumpkins sold out in 5 hours.

Unknown said...

Isn't the point of Isaac having the transformers so HE can transform them? I think its time you taught him how. :)

Katie said...

Obviously it would be great if Isaac transformed his own transformers. But MY point is that they are too hard for an adult to transform, so how is a seven year old supposed to be able to do it?

Anonymous said...

Darling Katie and Isaac, You are the reason why co-sleeping is so good. That silliness and the accompaning belly laughs make for the sweetest dreams ever. I love watching you figure life out together. x0x0x0

Anonymous said...

EVERYONE, go back to work................/

Marite said...

Oh my!!! I know I teach in LV...but can I come work that Isaac's new school??? It sounds awesome to me too!

Anonymous said...

totally procrastinating and missing 408, so I checked your blog! just wanted to say 'hi.' also, i love feist. mushaboom, mushaboom...

Jess said...

I'm so glad you found an awesome school for Isaac where kids won't be so narrow-minded and mean...

And as far as I'm concerned, you never have to apologize for discussing Montello Schools em... shortcomings...