Monday, April 11, 2005

New pictures from Farhana.

My friend Farhana came by this morning and went for a stroll with my digital camera. She came back with some great shots, and I wanted to share them with you. She is helping me to teach a group of Bangladeshi women how to use cameras and take nice pictures, and we are hoping to put together an exhibit for the US. I am going to include some of her work as well. She has had international exposure as an artist and has worked on similar projects in India and Bangladesh. Right now she's working on a rickshaw project for UNESCO. Tanya, Kei and I are hoping to put together an exhibit on Rickshaw Art to bring back to the US, so it was a serendipitous meeting. Both Farhana and I keep saying that we wish we had met earlier in my stay. I only have a few weeks left (which makes me happy and sad at the same time). Anyways, enjoy the pictures, and know that there are more to come!

(on a side note, I'm going to Chittagong on Wednesday for my friend's brother's wedding and wont be back till Sunday, so don't expect to hear from me until then.)

No comments: