Thursday, September 02, 2004

See you on the other side!

Well, blog fans, this will be my last post from the good US of A. We're leaving tomorrow morning at exactly 10:45 a.m. and we'll arrive in Bangladesh on Sunday at 9:45 a.m. (Bangladesh time). For those of you who are wondering, Bangladesh is exactly 11 hours ahead of us (12 hours ahead once we go off daylight savings time in October). So we are actually arriving in Bangladesh at 10:45 p.m. on Saturday night Minnesota time. Once we get there, we have to go through customs (which should be easy thanks to the "expediter service" that will meet us at the gate), and then it's off to my brother-in-law's house. He lives in Dhaka, about 10 miles from the airport. If we are lucky enough to arrive on a hartal (strike) day, however, we will have to stay overnight in the diplomatic zone. On strike days, nobody is allowed to ride in cars except official people within the diplomatic zone. It's possible that there will be a hartal, but maybe we'll get lucky.
I'm anticipating that we'll need to spend a couple of nights or maybe a week in Dhaka before we head out to Comilla. I'm going to set up my home base there, and I'm really looking forward to unpacking my suitcases and organizing everything. Then it's down to business!
I'm not sure how long it will take for me to get internet access. Masud is an email-freak (and I admit it, so am I), so we might have it sooner than later, but don't worry about me if I drop off the radar for a good week or so.
Well, I'm going to go find out which suitcase has an opening for the three pounds of cheese I just bought. I hope it doesn't rot on the plane. My poor cheese.

No comments: